Florida DUI Attorneys
Protecting Your Freedom & Your Future
A driving under the influence (DUI) charge can completely change your life. However, an arrest does not have to mean a conviction. If you were arrested for DUI in Florida, we understand that you are feeling anxious about your future. Before you panic and make the wrong move, know that there are ways to fight your charge. At The Berman Law Group, we offer aggressive DUI defense in Florida from our offices in Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Orlando, Stuart, and Gainesville.
Discuss your case with us during a free consultation. Contact The Berman Law Group at (800) 883-5206 to schedule yours.
Consequences of a DUI Conviction
DUI is a serious criminal offense.
In Florida, one may either be convicted with a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on:
- Whether you had a minor in the vehicle
- Whether you crashed
- Whether you caused serious bodily harm or in the worst-case scenario, death
- The number of prior convictions
- How high your blood-alcohol or breath-alcohol level was
If it is your first DUI, it is highly likely that you will lose your driver’s license. You will also serve a year of probation and have a permanent criminal record, all on top of having to pay hefty fines. A DUI conviction will also affect your personal freedom, your finances, your insurance premiums, and your reputation.
No two DUI arrests are the same. Your case will have its own unique set of circumstances. If you were arrested for DUI, it is crucial to call a competent Florida DUI defense lawyer immediately after your arrest.
Fighting DUI Charges
DUI is one of the most common offenses in Florida. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your arrest, your DUI lawyer will help you fight for a full acquittal or reduced charges by raising one of a few issues.
We may base our defense on:
- Illegal search or improper stop: A law enforcement officer must have sufficient and reasonable suspicion before asking you to pull over for a search, drug, and/or alcohol test. Without enough justification, the traffic stop is considered illegal.
- Miranda violations: The officer is required to read your Miranda rights. Failure to do so can cause your post-custodial statements to be excluded from evidence.
- Improper test administration: When you are arrested for a DUI charge, you will have to undergo field sobriety tests (FSTs) and a blood-alcohol test. If the officer failed to adhere to protocol while administering these tests or is not trained to administer the tests in the first place, or if your blood sample was tampered with and you possess solid proof for this claim, it is highly likely that the prosecution will find it more challenging to advance your case.
- Medical conditions: The prosecution will have a difficult time convicting you of a DUI charge if the reason behind your slurred speech, watery eyes, and alcohol-smelling breath is an existing medical condition. Certain medications are known to cause these symptoms.
There are additional means of arguing against a DUI charge. Working with the prosecution may help get the charges reduced. DUI is a criminal offense. This means that you can plead guilty in order to decrease the sentence. However, pleading guilty has its own set of repercussions.
Contact Our Florida DUI Lawyers
There is nothing more comforting than receiving a helping hand when you are facing a serious DUI charge. At the Berman Law Group, our competent DUI defense attorneys can stand by your side and provide you with invaluable advice every step of the way. We are ready to defend your rights and fight for your freedom and future.
We have represented clients in many DUI cases. The next successful defense could be yours. Call (800) 883-5206 to get started.
“In the end, the Berman Law Group fought to get me the settlement that I deserved! I highly recommend The Berman Law Group.”- Brian C.
“Everything was done to a "T" and swiftly. I couldn't be more pleased. Thank you Berman Law Group!”- Eric L.
“He will make emergency runs to make sure you are ok. Call Zach if you need an honest attorney!”- Jon M.
We are committed to making ourselves available to our clients 24/7 - by phone, email & text message.
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
We are proud to be among the 1% of U.S. lawyers who are members of this distinguished organization.
Compassionate Legal Solutions
We provide personalized legal solutions & treat all of our clients like friends & family, rather than like case numbers.
Committed to the Community
We are driven to give back to our community & are avid supporters of many charitable organizations.
Strong Record of Success
We have won an extensive number of verdicts and settlements and have recovered millions for our clients.
We offer free consultations & will not charge a fee unless we recover compensation for you.