Call for a Free Consultation Now -  24 Hours A Day / 7 Days A Week
Back to Top

Florida Modification Attorneys

Change a Custody, Support, or Divorce Order

Whether you finalized your divorce a month ago or several years ago, you may not be aware of the fact that your divorce order can be modified. This means that if the personal situation of you or your ex-spouse changes, the order itself can be changed accordingly. Just because an order may say it is “permanent” does not mean that it can’t be changed.

You should always seek professional and experienced legal advice when seeking post-divorce modifications, as it affects your whole family – most importantly, your children. Modifying child custody, child support, alimony, and other matters is not a simple decision. Make The Berman Law Group and its experienced family law attorneys your trusted Florida modification law firm if you need to make any of these significant changes in your life.

Discuss your case with The Berman Law Group by calling (800) 883-5206. We are available to serve you from our offices in Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Orlando, Stuart, and Gainesville.

Modification of Child Support

The modification of child support payments can be changed as long as a judge – in the same court that approved your child support order during your divorce – approves an agreement or agrees to change the original order. You will have to file a supplemental petition. You must also follow the procedures required in Florida. This modification is always made in the best interest of the child and their specific financial needs.

The exact costs of child support payments are dependent on:

  • Each parent’s financial earnings
  • Each parent’s housing situation
  • The specific interests of the children involved

For example, if a parent were to remarry and their income increased, this could potentially increase their monthly child support payments.

Some situations that could create a permanent modification of child support include

  • The permanent disability of a parent
  • Changes in a parent’s job
  • Changes in a child’s needs

Modification of Child Custody

Child custody orders can be modified in the case of two situations: If a parent violates any court orders, or if either one or both parents have a substantial change in circumstances. Either parent may bring to light the need for a modification of child custody. However, they must also show evidence in order to justify their reasoning for modification. This will allow you and the other parent to make any final judgments and adjust to a new parenting plan.

Working with the other parent of your child is the simplest way to modify the parenting plan that was initially written out in your divorce decree. If both of you agree to the changes, that is a green light to file this new plan with the court that approved your initial child custody order. In most cases, the court will accept it. If the other parent refuses to work with you, you can work with a Florida modification lawyer to take it to court.

Modifying Alimony

Just like a child support agreement, your spousal support agreement can be changed if there are significant changes in either partner’s circumstances.

You may be able to modify alimony if:

  • You lost a job
  • Your spouse was promoted or granted a pay raise
  • You need to move/relocate
  • You incurred a health condition
  • Your ex-spouse remarries or moves in with someone

The Berman Law Group has decades of combined experience handling all types of post-divorce modifications in Florida. We can help you when you need it most.

Contact us today at (800) 883-5206 to learn more about how we can help. Your case review is always free.


Hear From Our Happy Clients
  • In the end, the Berman Law Group fought to get me the settlement that I deserved! I highly recommend The Berman Law Group.

    - Brian C.
  • Everything was done to a "T" and swiftly. I couldn't be more pleased. Thank you Berman Law Group!

    - Eric L.
  • He will make emergency runs to make sure you are ok. Call Zach if you need an honest attorney!

    - Jon M.

Why Hire Our Firm?

  • Always Available

    We are committed to making ourselves available to our clients 24/7 - by phone, email & text message.

  • Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum

    We are proud to be among the 1% of U.S. lawyers who are members of this distinguished organization.

  • Compassionate Legal Solutions

    We provide personalized legal solutions & treat all of our clients like friends & family, rather than like case numbers.

  • Committed to the Community

    We are driven to give back to our community & are avid supporters of many charitable organizations.

  • Strong Record of Success

    We have won an extensive number of verdicts and settlements totalling over $300 million in recoveries for our clients.

  • Free Consultations

    We offer free consultations & will not charge a fee unless we recover compensation for you.


Request Your Free Consultation Today