When you need a child custody lawyer, we can help. Florida has the third highest divorce rate in the country. Marital separation or divorce is a difficult process. It is even more difficult when there are children involved. Perhaps the hardest and most emotionally taxing part of the divorce establishing what happens to the children. Kids witnessing a divorce may feel overly stressed because of the change in circumstances.
Another source of difficulty is the practical matter of what happens concerning child custody. Divorce raises questions on guardianship and visitation, and pressing concerns on finances and accommodation.
Determination of Legal Custody
The determination of legal custody is done regarding the best interests of the child. Often, this interest has to do with the child maintaining the optimal relationship with both parents.
Several factors affect the determination of legal custody. We can help make a strong case for a primary custodianship if you desire, or you can also choose to provide financial support and less custodianship. Factors influencing the establishment of child custody include:
- The existing relationship and level of involvement of each parent to their child
- The ability of the parent to maintain a relationship with a child
- The child’s need to maintain continuity in the same environment
- Parental responsibilities and the parents’ ability to prioritize the child’s needs
- The physical, mental, emotional and ethical fitness of the parents, considering the occurrences of violence, abuse or neglect
- The child’s preference, given that the child is mature enough
Child Custody Lawyer
We want to work with you to guarantee you and your child’s best interests. The Berman Law Group is committed to developing a productive and long-lasting relationship with our clients.
Our Boca Raton Family Law attorneys consistently aim to handle your legal concerns. At the same time, we work to be sensitive to the physical, emotional and financial problems that come with a family law court case.
Our lawyers have significant experience when it comes to the field of family law. We have had many successful cases. The next case could be yours. Fight for your child custody rights.
We provide free consultation on family law cases. We can help you with your child custody case. Contact us today at 1-800-375-5555.