Car Accident Lawyers in Florida
Fighting to Protect Your Rights
Chances are pretty high that you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident at some point. Today, car accidents – from minor fender benders to major wrecks – occur frequently.
Did you know that:
- There were more than 40,000 deaths as a result of car accidents in 2016 alone? This is a 6% rise from the previous year
- 4.6 million car accidents resulted in the need for medical care in 2016? This is a 7% rise from the previous year
- The cost of car accidents nationwide was estimated to be more than $432 billion in 2016? This is a 12% rise from the previous year
These numbers may be shocking, but as more and more of the country spends more and more of their time in the car, they’re only likely to increase from here. This makes it incredibly important to understand your rights and legal recourse following an accident.
Our Florida car accident attorneys at The Berman Law Group can help you fight for the settlement you deserve.
Don’t hesitate to call us now at (800) 883-5206 for a complimentary case review if you have been in an accident.
What to Do After an Accident
Car accidents are frightening and overwhelming. They are loud, jarring, and can shake you even without any physical injuries. We understand. That is why the very first thing you want to do after an accident is to make sure everyone in your vehicle is alright. Check for injuries, major or minor. If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately. Something that seems small could turn out to be incredibly serious. After checking your own car, go check on anyone else involved in the accident. Make sure they are okay and ensure them that help is on the way.
From there, you should:
- Call the police. This is necessary regardless of who caused the accident, the circumstances around the accident, or any other factor. Having a detailed police report is invaluable if you decide to pursue legal action with an auto accident lawyer.
- Document the accident and gather information. Take photos of your car, the other car, any injuries, and the scene. Exchange insurance information with the other driver(s). You can also take videos and interview anyone who witnessed the crash. The more information you have, the better.
- Speak to an attorney before speaking to your insurance company. This does not mean you shouldn’t call and report the accident to your insurance, but don’t begin talking to them about anything related to money. Remember, they are often not on your side. An experienced Florida car accident attorney will speak to them on your behalf concerning all things settlement.
Throughout all of this, you should avoid admitting fault. This means you should not apologize or say you caused the accident. Do not be scared if the other driver is angry or aggressive. Wait for the police to come and sort everything out.
Common Accident Injuries
Car accidents can cause a wide variety of injuries. These range from the incredibly dire, like traumatic brain injury, to the minor, like a twisted ankle. Regardless of the severity of your injury, you should always seek medical care. You never know when something minor may turn into something major.
Common accident injuries include:
- Broken or fractured bones across the body
- Internal or external bleeding
- Concussions and brain injuries
- Blunt force trauma
- Spine injuries
- Herniated disks
- Fractured vertebrae
- Nerve damage
- Whiplash or general neck strain
- Sprained and swollen muscles
- Psychological trauma
- Wrongful death
Whether you have sustained major or minor injuries or no injuries at all, you should consult a car accident injury lawyer. You are still entitled to damages and compensation even without any injuries.
Determining Negligence & Liability in Florida
In order to win a settlement, you will likely need to prove that the other individuals involved in the accident were driving in a negligent way and are liable for your damages. Negligence occurs when the other driver(s) fail to exercise a reasonable amount of care while driving. Negligence can take the form of reckless driving, drunk driving, speeding, using vehicle safety features improperly, and many other things. Whatever the cause of negligence, you must prove that the other individuals breached their duty of care.
Speak to a Car Accident Injury Lawyer in Florida
One of the smartest moves you can make after an accident is to consult a car accident law firm. Not only will this give you a team of attorneys who are on your side and in your corner, but it can offer much-needed support after a traumatic experience.
Having attorneys on your side means that you don’t have to navigate the confusing and complicated waters of talking to a car insurance company. Remember, they are trying to pay you as little as possible. Having car accident attorneys representing you means you don’t have to deal with upset or angry individuals who were also involved in the accident. You can focus on getting better and nothing else.
We have recovered more than $300 million in damages for our clients here at The Berman Law Group. We have a proven track record of helping our clients in tough situations. More importantly, we can sit down with you for a 100% free consultation to determine if you have a case.
Contact us today at (800) 883-5206 to learn more about how we can help. Your case review is always free.
In the end, the Berman Law Group fought to get me the settlement that I deserved! I highly recommend The Berman Law Group.- Brian C.
Everything was done to a "T" and swiftly. I couldn't be more pleased. Thank you Berman Law Group!- Eric L.
He will make emergency runs to make sure you are ok. Call Zach if you need an honest attorney!- Jon M.
We are committed to making ourselves available to our clients 24/7 - by phone, email & text message.
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
We are proud to be among the 1% of U.S. lawyers who are members of this distinguished organization.
Compassionate Legal Solutions
We provide personalized legal solutions & treat all of our clients like friends & family, rather than like case numbers.
Committed to the Community
We are driven to give back to our community & are avid supporters of many charitable organizations.
Strong Record of Success
We have won an extensive number of verdicts and settlements and have recovered millions for our clients.
We offer free consultations & will not charge a fee unless we recover compensation for you.