Premises Liability Attorneys in Boca Raton
Dedicated to Helping You Heal
Suffering an injury because of someone else’s negligence is an injustice. If you were injured on someone’s hazardous property, you have the right to file a personal injury claim in the pursuit of financial compensation.
At The Berman Law Group, our goal is to hold the negligent property owner accountable for breaching their duties owed to visitors. We fight hard to help our clients obtain the compensation they need to heal and move on from this accident.
Contact us at (800) 375-5555 to discuss your case with us during a free consultation. We have five convenient offices in Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Orlando, Stuart, and Gainesville.
Types of Premises Liability Claims
In Florida, all property owners – both commercial and residential property owners – have a duty to keep their grounds safe for visitors. Any hazards must be addressed and repaired in a timely fashion. At the very least, property owners are expected to warn guests of potential hazards.
Failure to keep a safe property is considered negligence. Anyone who suffers an injury because of this form of negligence is entitled to pursue compensation through an injury claim.
We routinely handle cases involving:
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Slip and falls
- Negligent security
- Swimming pool accidents
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Inadequate property maintenance
- Toxic fumes and chemical exposure
Proving Negligence & Liability
To successfully walk away from a lawsuit with the compensation you deserve, you must first establish the property owner’s liability.
You will have to prove that:
- The defendant owned, occupied, or leased the property you were injured on
- The property owner was negligent in maintaining their grounds
- You suffered a loss or were harmed
- The property owner’s negligence was a factor in your injury
Liability Based on Status of the Visitor
A property owner’s duty of care to visitors depends on the type of person who visits their land. A property owner has the greatest duty of care to visitors they invite onto the property. They have less of a duty of care to visitors who enter the property without the owner’s permission.
The three types of visitors are:
- Invitees: An invitee is someone who enters the property for the owner’s financial benefit. It could also be someone who visits a property open to the public as a member of the general public. Property owners are expected to ensure reasonable care in maintaining their property for invitees.
- Licensees: A licensee is any person who has the express or implied permission of the property owner to enter the land. A property owner’s friend who is visiting for social reasons could be considered a licensee. The licensee can become a trespasser if they are asked to leave the property. The property owner is expected to fix any potential hazards that he or she is aware of. He or she must also warn licensees of the potential hazard.
- Trespassers: A trespasser is someone who illegally enters someone else’s property or remains on the property after being asked to leave. To trespassers, the property owner owes no duty of care except to refrain from willfully harming the trespasser.
Our Boca Raton premises liability attorneys at The Berman Law Group can assess your situation and determine if the property owner in your case acted negligently.
If you were injured on someone else’s property, discuss your claim with us today. Call (800) 375-5555 to get started.
“In the end, the Berman Law Group fought to get me the settlement that I deserved! I highly recommend The Berman Law Group.”- Brian C.
“Everything was done to a "T" and swiftly. I couldn't be more pleased. Thank you Berman Law Group!”- Eric L.
“He will make emergency runs to make sure you are ok. Call Zach if you need an honest attorney!”- Jon M.
We are committed to making ourselves available to our clients 24/7 - by phone, email & text message.
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
We are proud to be among the 1% of U.S. lawyers who are members of this distinguished organization.
Compassionate Legal Solutions
We provide personalized legal solutions & treat all of our clients like friends & family, rather than like case numbers.
Committed to the Community
We are driven to give back to our community & are avid supporters of many charitable organizations.
Strong Record of Success
We have won an extensive number of verdicts and settlements and have recovered millions for our clients.
We offer free consultations & will not charge a fee unless we recover compensation for you.